Hello and thank you for visiting the HHS National Honor Society webpage.
Angela Gaston, NHS Sponsor
936 435 6100
Huntsville High School adheres to the following guidelines set forth in the National Honor Society bylaws for eligibility and student selection:
ARTICLE IV: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Membership in this chapter is an honor bestowed upon deserving students by the faculty and shall be based on the criteria of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character.
Section 2. Membership in this chapter shall be known as active, honorary, and graduate. Active members become graduate members at graduation. Honorary members are selected at the discretion of the Faculty Council. Graduate and honorary members have no voice or vote in chapter affairs.
Section 3. Eligibility:
- Candidates eligible for selection to this chapter must be members of the junior or senior class.
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have completed:
- two years of science,
- two years of foreign language,
- one credit of fine arts requirement,
- a third year of math
- at least one semester at Huntsville High School
- Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.8 on a 6.0 scale. Fall induction will be no later than the third week of November. Spring semester induction will occur no later than the last week of April.
- Upon meeting the grade level, enrollment, and GPA standards, candidates shall then be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.