- Go to www.lonestar.edu/apply
- Click on Admissions Application under New Students
Create an Account:
Note: It is important to use proper upper and lower case letters when entering information into the fields of the onlineapplication. The student must have an email address to create an account. If the username you choose is already taken, please select another username.
- Click the Click here to create an account link.
- Fill out the information. Choose a user ID and password.
- Click the Apply Now button. The screen should now say “The Submit was successful.”
- Click the OK button.
Login and Complete the Application:
After creating an account, the system will take you to the login page.
WARNING: Your application will close after 3 minutes of inactivity. Your application will also close if you use your browser’s forward/back buttons.
- Enter the user name and password you created in the previous step, and select the Login button.
- NOTE: Do not use the back/forward arrows in your internet browser! This will disable your application.
- On the Biographical Information screen, verify your name, birthday, and gender. Select the NEXT button.
- On the Identification Information screen, select your citizenship status, and complete the accompanying questions.
- On the Educational Background screen, select the most appropriate choice
- If you went to high school in the US:
- Select High School Inside US
- On the Residency Information screen, click on the Answer Texas Residency Questionnaire link. Once you have completed the questions, click NEXT>>.
- If you are a veteran, service member, or a dependent or spouse of a veteran, select the corresponding checkbox. ClickNEXT >>.
- On the Contact Information screen, enter your home address, phone number, email address, and emergency contact information. Click NEXT>>.
- On the Ethnicity Information screen, select if you consider yourself Hispanic/Latino or not. On the second question, select your race. If you do not see your race, in question two, you can skip it. Click NEXT>> to continue.
- On the Institutional Research screen, answer the questions on this page to the best of your ability. This screen isoptional. Once you are done, click NEXT>> to continue.
- On the Academic Goal screen, select your primary reason for taking classes at Lone Star College. On this screen, you are also asked if you wish to not be included in the reverse transfer process. By selecting the box, you are opting out of this process. When you are done, click NEXT>> to continue.
- On the Degrees screen, select the term you wish to begin school. If you do not see the term you wish to start, you may select a term listed, and have an academic advisor change it for you later. Select which degree you are attempting when you begin school.
- Associate of Arts – A degree that prepares students to transfer to a Texas public university or college as a junior with the intention of declaring a major in the liberal or fine arts (English; History; etc.)
- Associate of Arts with Field of Study – A degree that prepares students to transfer to a Texas public university or college as a junior with transferability of courses chosen for a specific major (Criminal Justice; Speech; Music; Business; etc.)
- Associate of Arts in Teaching – A degree that prepares students to transfer to a Texas public university as a junior with a specific teaching major: Early Childhood through Grade 6 Generalist or Grades 4 through 8 Generalist
- Associate of Science – A degree that prepares students to transfer to a Texas public university or college as a junior with the intention of majoring in the sciences (Math; Engineering; Biology; Social/Behavioral Sciences; etc.)
- Core Completion Certificate – A certificate that prepares students to finish an associate’s degree and/or transfer to a Texas public university or college with all core curriculum completed
- Associate of Applied Science – A degree that prepares students to enter a specialized career field. While this degree is not focused on transfer, LSCS has articulation agreements with partner universities that allow some transferability of academic and technical coursework
- Certificate or Marketable Skills Award – A certificate that prepares students to enter a specialized career field or upgrade their skills for job advancement. Most certificate awards are structured to allow students to move on to a higher level certificate or associate of applied science degree
- Undecided – If the student cannot determine the degree or certificate plan needed, select the undecided plan. Students will be placed in the Associate of Arts/Undeclared major, and must speak with an advisor in order to declare a major
- On the Major & Campus screen, uncheck the campuses you are not interested in attending. Select the Searchbutton to see a list of available options. Select the radio button next to the option that you would like and select the Confirm button. Review your selection, and select the NEXT PAGE>> button to continue.
- On the Applicant Profile screen, select your current enrollment status.
- If you are a graduating senior, choose Currently enrolled in high school – I will graduate PRIOR to attending college.
- If you are interested in dual credit, choose Currently enrolled in high school – I will NOT graduate PRIOR to attending college.
- If none of these apply to you, select the most appropriate choice.
- Click on the High School Search button
- Fill out the fields, and select the Search button
- Once your school is listed below, click Select next to your high school
*If your high school does not appear, try using less search criteria
- Enter the estimated From Date and To Date, as well as an estimated Date of Graduation
- If you have attended college before, complete the College Information section
Note: If you are currently a high school student, skip the College Information section, even if you are a dual credit student.
- Click the NEXT>> button to continue.
- Answer the questions as given.
- On the General Comments section, enter the school district you currently live in. Once you type your school district, select it from the list, click TAB on your keyboard, select the Yes, Confirm checkbox, then click the Submit button.
- On the Bacterial Meningitis screen, read the information, and then select the checkbox. Click NEXT>> to continue.
- On the Financial Responsibility screen, read the information, and then select the checkbox. Click NEXT>> to continue.
- On the Confirmation Message screen, read the information, and then select the checkbox. Click Submit button to complete your application.
***Congratulations! You should now see the Application Submission Confirmation Page!***
Your Student ID number and Username should appear. You may have to contact our service desk to retrieve this information at 832.813.6600. If it appears, select the link Set up your password to create a new password. This information will be used to login to your myLoneStar account (https://my.lonestar.edu).
All official communication from Lone Star is sent through your student email including financial aid,emergency school closure information, and notifications. Your email address is your email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Use Self Service Tools on the myLoneStar web pagehttps://my.lonestar.edu to view your email, check your progress of your application, and to complete other important functions.