My name is Tom Farr, and I'm excited to begin my second year of teaching at Huntsville High School. I'll be teaching English IV this year as well as acting as the Student Council sponsor.
I've always loved reading and writing, and I believe they are skills that are vital in the world we live in today. I previously taught English in Livingston and spent several years working with students in church youth ministry before that.
I love students and believe that they are capable of doing incredible things to impact the world for good. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to pour into the lives of my students this year and help them to develop into responsible members of society who create a great future for themselves and others.
Phone: (936) 435-6100
Tutorial Time: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday at 3:30
A little bit more about me:
- I've been married to my beautiful wife Lindsey since June 2003, and she's best thing that has ever happened to me
- We have three adorable children for whom we strive to give the best in the world - Lucy, Kalel, and Sylar
- I love to read and often have a stack of books I'm working through at any given time
- My favorite authors are Ted Dekker, C.S. Lewis, Travis Thrasher, Justin Cronin, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Steven James, Erwin McManus, Skye Jethani, William Lane Craig, Timothy Keller
- Some of my favorite books are Thr3e and The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Solitary Tales by Travis Thrasher, The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin, S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst, The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
- I've been playing guitar since I was 14
- I love great storytelling and some of my favorite stories in recent years have been the television shows LOST, Smallville, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, The Black List, the movies Inception, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games
- I love listening to music (Red, Tremonti, One Republic, Jars of Clay, Incubus, Thousand Foot Krutch)
- I love to create and I write relentlessly